Friday, July 2, 2010

"Can I drink the water?" "Tourists."

Things I learned in France

1. Driving is a bit of a free for all. If you want two lanes that's cool, but if you want 3 ½ that's cool, too. I like to call it controlled chaos. But the French can parallel park like no ones business.

2. I've been saying baguette wrong my whole life.

3. I open my mouth too much when trying to speak in French.

4. The sun here will turn me super tan, which is great and all, but it will also turn me into a space heater.

5. French people don't wear flip flops. I wore flip flops everyday.

6. French people are much more affectionate than I thought they were, but I like it. I think it's cute.

7. There's a lot of walking when you're here.

8. Train surfing is my new favorite activity.

9. Public transportation is very popular here. In one day here I used the trains more than I've ever used any form of public transportation in the United States. Combined.

10. I really, really like it here <3


Controlled chaos :) 8 lane round about, no lines at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment