Sunday, July 11, 2010

"If I start choking, don't save me"

Today was pretty slow. We woke up to the morning heat and found out it would be 37 degrees out (98 degrees fahrenheit) today. Whoaaa. So after a slow morning, Matt took Ola to the bus station, and then him, Sam and I were off to the beach.. that cost 4 euros to swim in. But it had a water slide! Being there reminded me so much of being in Minnesota (except that there were hundreds of people at this beach since there's only one lake instead of 10,000). Dirty lake water.. yumm. How I miss you Minnesota.. but still, my heart is here. We spent our whole day on the beach soaking up the sun and trying to get tan. Eventually Sam and I ended up swimming out to the middle of the lake (Matt didn't go because he was afraid of the seaweed). Once you're in the middle there's some buoys and a lot of people were floating on them if they didn't have a tube or something else to rest on. So I went to rest on one, and then some lady came and just took it away from me. I was kind of confused.. I said I didn't speak German and didn't move. But I was buoy swiped anyways. Oh well. I can handle treading water. They looked exhausted.



After a long, hot day at the beach we headed back to Matt's where we changed and head to A La Turca (of course) and ate and watched the football game. Yaaaa Spain! Way to pull out a win!! I thought Holland would win, but then after seeing their tactics I wanted Spain to win. Besides, the octopus said Spain would win so who was I to bet against it? Espana 2010!!



Oops, I forgot to mention we put our clothes in the wash at the laundry mat next to A La Turca before the game. So when the game ended we went to get our clothes out of the washer, but too bad we didn't know the laundry mat closed at 11. Of course we got there at 11:05. So as I type this, our clothes are sitting across the street locked in the washers. Sweet! I'm not having too much luck with washing my clothes. Oh well, if that's the worse that's happened to me I'd say things are going well.

Tomorrow's suppose to be another hot day. I think Sam and I are going back out to find the museum we couldn't find earlier this week. And then perhaps a post office. And of course I have a workout with Matt to look forward to.. which should be a suffer fest since it's jumps.. and I've never done a jump workout before. Awesome.

Oh! And here's the attack penguin picture I promised



Wish you were here..

3 comments:

  1. You should have done your best attack penguin imitation to the buoy swiper. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, "penguins are so sensitive"
    (Lyle L)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apparently have a couple of profiles for posting...
    Dad

    ReplyDelete