Thursday, July 15, 2010

"If that ball goes on the track I'm going to eat it"

Yesterday we awoke to a cool temperature for once. It was a little cloudy and windy, giving us a much needed break from the heat. And because of the nice weather, we decided to head into town. But not before we stopped at A La Turca. It had been 3 days since we had eaten there, so we felt it was needed. I don't know what I'm going to do when I leave Berlin and I can't go there anymore.



I had never felt like more of a tourist then when we took pictures of this place.. Especially because I looked super American that day. Anyways, we hopped on the tram, dropped off some postcards at the post office, and then we were off to the mall at Alexanderplatz to find a clutch. After an hour and a half of searching I came up empty handed :( Oh well. So off we went to the DDR museum. It was the first museum we could understand, allowed pictures, and said you could touch what ever you wanted. They had pull out shelves and cars you could drive, too. Wooo! I'm still a child. After that we wandered outside and across a bridge where we came across a man playing the cups. We're not sure what else to call it. But it was like Miss Congeniality was going down on the bridge. Skills.



From there we went to the Berliner Dom, which is a giant church. It's beautiful. I took some pictures, but they don't really do it justice.







At the top you can go outside and walk around the edge. It was so neat! You could see the whole city. And the wind was nice, too ;)





It was kind of late when we left, so we headed back to Matt's so Sam could get ready for his big night at the club. We got on the tram and headed for home. As we stepped off the tram we heard someone yelling to us. Who did we see? Matt. At a la turca. So of course we had to eat there again ;)

Right now Sam is sleeping and I'm patiently awaiting the club report. I'll let you all know the details when I do ;)

Wish you were here

No comments:

Post a Comment