Monday, July 19, 2010

"What's in this chocolate?!" "...Nutella"

The last three days have been relaxed and very busy at the same time. One of the days we only managed to accomplish doing our laundry, walking with Matt and Ola to get food for Bubba (Matt's fish), and going to the Turca (where else would we go?). When we got back to Matt's house, Matt and Ola had to operate on Bubba's teeth because they were getting too long and he couldn't eat. So they put him in a bowl, knocked him out, and Dr. Ola cut his teeth. Veit liked to lighten the mood by throwing in things such as, "I think that's his brain in the bowl." To Matt and Ola's relief, Bubba made a full recovery and is happily swimming in his tank again.



The next morning Matt and Ola left at 3 to go to the airport for a week long vacation in Greece. How exciting :D So Sam and I slept in and packed up. I went for a run once it stopped raining. I ran to this park Matt had told me about and ran to the top of the hill. The top of the hill provided an amazing view of the town. I THINK I found the velodrome from the top. When I got back from my run, Sam and I went to lunch at the Turca (we had to get our fix before we left), and then I set off to find the velodrome. After a tram stop too far and adventuring around tennis courts, I finally found what I thought would be the velodrome. It had a biker on the sign and everything. But unfortunately, all the doors were locked :( Sure enough, the building that I thought the velodrome was in, is right next to the oval I inline at. Way to not see it sooner, Dano. After getting back on the tram and heading back to Matt's, Sam and I went to the Turca one last time so Sam could get 2 kebabs to go. We would later discover this was a bad idea. After that we were off to our night train!



The night train was quite the experience. Sam got to cross another goal off of his trip list- Talk to the locals. Good thing he knows french! (Earlier this week he got to cross off go to a club, which he said was a lot of fun. However, he left Germany tattoo free. Maybe we'll try again in France) Once on the train we went to go see what there was on it. I was so thankful we had beds to sleep in. The chairs looked comfy and all (and harry potterish), but I couldn't imagine spending the next 14 hours sitting and trying to sleep in one. There were 6 beds in our room and each bed was taken. We had a small room of people. All 6 of us seemed to get along well though. And they had some interesting stories about crashing their cars.



We awoke the next morning in Paris. What a way to travel! It was so much better to do it all at night and not waste a day! But as I type, we're sitting at another train station in Paris, waiting to board our final train to Montpellier. We arrived in Paris at the Paris-Est train station and had to go to a different train station, and we had to take the tram/subway/train thing twice to get here. Needless to say, we are experts now. Sam never ate his kebabs last night, so he just decided to eat one. As soon as he took it out of his backpack I could smell it.. This wasn't a good sign. He opened up the tin foil and we saw that his kebab had turned pink and soggy. In the bin with his two kebabs. Sorry Turca. After throwing out his food he decided to try the chocolate Ola had given us from Poland (she's so sweet!). We each grabbed one from the box and tried it. It was the most amazing chocolate ever. I couldn't place the taste though.. I asked Sam what was in it and sure enough, it was Nutella. Yes! Well done, Ola!

Anyways, our train to Montpellier should be pretty fun since it's a high speed train! I'm excited for it! Montpellier, here we come!

Wish you were here



Things I learned in Berlin:

1. Mezzo Mix. Enough said.

2. Kangaroo tastes good.

3. Most people will speak in english for me :)

4. There's a lot of walking when you're here.

5. Germany doesn't like losing at football.

6. They don't have beaches but they do have beach bars.

7. The one 'beach' they do have you have to pay for.

8. Monday night to the club, tuesday night to the club, wednesday night what a headache, but I went to the club…

9. You really need to obey the walking lights here. This isn't Paris. The cars wont stop for you. Neither will the tram for that matter.

10. If it looks like hamburger, it might be pig. If it looks like gnocchi, it might be potatoes. If it looks like chicken, it might be tuna. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Stay safe and I'll see you soon. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best! My daughter loves to eat peanut butter & Nutella- and it's gooood!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete