Saturday, July 10, 2010

"What kind of animal is that?" "A dog, obviously."

Yesterday Sam and I were unsuccessful at finding the museum, so we went to the Tiergarten because it made the list of things to do in Berlin if you're only there for two days. Soo off we went. Turns out it was just a garden.. Which was pretty and all, but.. ya know. We also found some fancy gates! But we don't know what they're called. After that we just went back on the train and wandered around downtown, looked at cool buildings, found a funky car, a BAR BIKE (which I thought would fit better in Groningen), and I got to try some sort of buffalo sausage with curry. Prettyyy good :) On our way to catch the tram to Matt's we happened to wander past a Marijuana museum.. With a gift shop.. And marijuana growing inside. I'm not exactly sure what I think about this, but it was funny. I wonder what was in the gift shop..





Today started off early with a morning workout in the heat. After that Matt, Ola, Sam and I went to the Berlin Zoo. It was huge and had SO many different animals! Half of them I didn't know, and the other half I had never seen before. There were penguins, llamas, alpacas, kangaroos, hippos, emus, and a million others. I felt bad when I saw the kangaroos because I ate their friend the other day. Kangaroos- I am sorry, but he tasted good. I will remember him forever. The best part for me was that the animals were always really close to you. So the penguins would get in the water and swim around and be right next to you. And Matt said I could touch them. So finally I did and it was so soft! So another came by and I tried to touch it again and it nearly bit my hand off. Attack penguin! Luckily I lived to tell the tale. There's a picture of this but it's on Matt's camera, so I'll have to show you all later. Also, my level of childness has just gone down.. or up. Which ever way is closer to being a child. Because at the zoo was a petting zoo! Cute little animals :) A goat jumped up on the fence and was at eye level with us! He was pretty cool. And Colton- There were no attack goats this time.



After spending 5 hours at the zoo we decided to call it a day (or maybe only because the zoo was closing..), so we went down the road to Vapianos for dinner. Yumm. They make some good food. And they had Mezzo mix! So I was happy :) I now have 3 things I eat/drink too much of. Once we were full we hit up a ... museum of sorts... and then we went to find a place to watch the football (soccer) game. At half time we decided we were all exhausted and just wanted to head home. On our way to the tram we passed a group of people dressed in full body German flag suits. I thought they were awesome. I wanted Germany to win as soon as I saw that. In that same place we saw a giant pile of shoes with a 'UN' in the middle of them. I guess the United Nations set up a safe zone for some people so they were telling us that they did that. On the other side of the street there were horse drawn carriages and who did we find in the drivers seat? The best driver ever- A puppy! It was adorable :) After stopping to take a picture we quickly left and headed for the tram trying to beat the post game traffic, and luckily we made it before everyone else could get on. The whole ride home was vuvuzela free :)





A long, productive day in Berlin :)

Wish you were here

No comments:

Post a Comment